Omno is one of those games that takes your breath away with its impressive open-world and whimsical atmosphere and design. And it’s being developed by a single person- Jonas Manke.
While Omno is still under development, Manke has not set a final price for it yet when it launches on Steam later this year. However, you can still add the game to your wishlist and receive notifications for when it makes its launch debut.
On his blog, Manke provides consistent and frequent updates, along with an FAQ that highlights some need-to-know details surrounding the development process. For example; Manke states that while the game is developed by pretty much him alone, he does frequently collaborate with a variety of talents to assist in putting together things like the soundtrack and even collecting feedback from other devs and testers to enhance the overall experience.
Omno is one of those open-world exploration games that encourages taking your time to stop and appreciate the scenery while patiently and carefully examining your surroundings for secrets to uncover. Along with a variety of useful skills and abilities, you will traverse a seemingly magical and whimsical environment with mystical creatures while solving various puzzles that should provide a more than decent gameplay experience.
Here are some other details about Omno:
- Originally launched on Kickstarter, Omno quickly managed to gather attention from more than 3,470 backers and over €97,700 as of February 7th.
- The game is being developed using Unreal Engine 4.
- You will explore the biomes and areas of the world of Omno in a set order. However, in each level, there will be more open areas that will allow you to explore the game and look out for hidden secrets.
- Omno is designed as a single-player journey of discovery through an ancient world of wonders. Full of puzzles, secrets, and obstacles to overcome, where the power of a lost civilization will carry you through forests, deserts, and tundras – even to the clouds.
- At launch, Omno should take players between 4 and 8 hours to finish (and with more secrets to discover for completionists) but the scope will, in the end, depend on the outcome of the Kickstarter campaign.
- A gentle yet emotional single-player journey.
- Discover and explore a beautiful, mysterious world.
- Strange and fantastical creatures to befriend.
- Challenging puzzles and ancient secrets to uncover.
- Lovingly crafted by solo developer Jonas Manke over 5 years.
- Jonas Manke, solo developer and father of 3, began work on Omno as a hobby project 5 years ago after working as an animator in both games and movies.
Omno, developed by solo indie dev Jonas Manke, is an atmospheric adventure about a journey of discovery through an ancient world of wonders.
Omno is a single-player adventure game made in Unreal Engine that will take you through lush forests, across a sun-blasted desert, over a frigid tundra, and where the power of a lost civilization will even carry you to the clouds. On the way, you will meet strange creatures, encounter many surprises and maybe make a friend in a 3D puzzle platformer style.
Omno is currently only planning on coming to Steam later this year, but Manke did state that he loves console gaming and would like to bring the game to console platforms at some point. However, since the game is limited to being developed by only him, it may take a while before that can happen.
To stay connected with Manke on the progress of Omno, you can check out Omno’s social media on the Official Website.