As it turns out, Patch Update 1.1 was allegedly supposed to fix another game-breaking mission bug but it turns out, that wasn’t the case. As users on Reddit were quick to point out, the mission quests involving Deamain aren’t fixed at all, and there appears to be a fresh new variation of the Takemura quest bug when taking calls for him.
“The Delamain missions are NOT fixed! Running 1.1 on Series X, still no calls from Delamain when entering area or approaching the cabs, no triggered events when approaching the parked or driving in circle cabs. Scanning them does nothing. I’ve tried different save files, different cab sub-missions, cycled system a couple of times, tried with mission being actively selected or not… I was really hoping for this one, especially when seeing the release notes. But this is just ugh… I mean, why be hopeful anymore at this point for any new patches?” – /user/jannikolaas
“Not sure if this is a new bug or not but when takemura calls for down on the street he just sits there and his dialogue doesn’t start.” – /user/Titanium_Jaw_Guy
“Just loaded the 1.1 patch and have experienced my first game breaking issue. When the game loads takemura calls immediately (i am guessing bc of the down on the street mission, in my game i am waiting on the second call) and does not say anything. I cant interact with anyone, fast travel, bring up call menu, etc. I tried skipping time and loading multiple saves. Still have the same issue. Anyone else experience this problem?” – /user/Dangerous_Doctor_114
At this point in time, it is hard to figure out just where things are going wrong. On one hand, many users are suggesting that this is typical with programming in that fixing one issue can result in the creation of many more, but on the other hand we can’t help but wonder why CDPR is so quick to push out updates that feel as though QA never got involved. And while any thoughts surrounding how such an easily found bug could have gotten past so many eyes and hands of the devs, testers, and QA are up for debate, one thing for sure is certain – CDPR has their work cut out for them if they are ever going to try to win back their fans and dig themselves out of such a monumentally disasterous hole.
CD Projekt Red as released a new patch for Cyberpunk 2077 which the studio is hoping will resolve some of the largest complaints fans have had with the game. The studio released a statement outline their goals for this patch.
“In this update, we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time, we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.”
With two class action lawsuits filed against CD Projekt Red the studio has been desperate to resolve issues and save face. Many of the patch notes entail fixes that typically shouldn’t even be needed after a game is released. You can read them below.
- Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
- Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
- Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on “Answer the call from Mr. Hands” in M’ap Tann Pèlen.
- Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
- Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
- Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn’t call in Down on the Street.
- Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
- Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
- Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
- Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn’t update Space Oddity.
- Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
- Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.
- Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
- Removed an invalid item from loot.
- Fixed an issue where a grenade’s trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
- Fixed particles’ hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
- Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.
- Fixed an issue where completing one of theassaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.
- Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
- Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
- Fixed an issue where the “Continue” button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.
- Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
- Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.
- Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.
- It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
- Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.
- Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
- Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
- Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.
Cyberpunk 2077 is now out and available on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Google Stadia.