If you want some new Johto Pokémon, get ready to do some walking.
Earlier this week, developer Niantic added a handful of new Pokémon to the still very popular app Pokémon Go. These new Pocket Monsters were introduced Pokémon Gold and Silver, making them the first generation 2 Pokémon added to the app.
As a disclaimer, these are baby Pokémon, so you can only obtain them through hatching eggs.
Here they are:
- Pichu (Hatches from 5K eggs, evolves into Pikachu at 25 candies)
- Cleffa (Hatches from 2K eggs, evolves into Clefairy at 25 candies)
- Igglybuff (Hatches from 2K eggs, evolves into Jigglypuff at 25 candies)
- Togepi (Hatches from 5K eggs)
- Togetic (Evolves from Togepi at 50 candies)
- Smoochum (Hatches from 10K eggs, evolves into Jinx at 25 candies)
- Elekid (Hatches from 10K eggs, evolves into Electabuzz at 25 candies)
- Magby (Hatches from 10K eggs, evolves into Magmar at 25 candies)
Additionally, here’s an updated Egg Hatching Chart from reddit user AlexGilBle.
While we’re glad new Pokémon have finally arrived in Go, we’re also pretty salty that only a few have been added so far. Plus, they’re babies, meaning the only way to get them is by walking to hatch eggs, and that’s bit of a challenge for some people during the winter season.
Especially if you live in Wisconsin.