The official Pokemon GO blog announced this morning that Eevee is returning to Community Day as your featured Pokemon during the event. However, some big changes are coming next month when the Evolution Pokemon returns to flood your mobile devices.
According to the blog post, Eevee will be featured for a two-day Community event rather than just one. What’s more, “when you evolve Eevee into any of its Evolutions from Friday, August 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, August 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7), that Pokémon will know a special attack! During this time, evolving Eevee into Sylveon will also require fewer hearts than usual.”
Eevee is making an encore as the featured Pokémon for August Community Day. Eevee evolved to one of its eight evolutions will learn a special move.
Evolution requirements will be reduced for Sylveon during the event.
— Leek Duck (@LeekDuck) July 22, 2021
Accompanying these event details were the announcement of new Eevee stickers and the confirmation that each of Eevee’s unique elemental evolutions will learn a special attack if evolved during the event time window as well as exclusive research tasks.
- When you evolve Eevee into any of its Evolutions, that Pokémon will know a special attack!
- Vaporeon: Scald
- Jolteon: Zap Cannon
- Flareon: Superpower
- Espeon: Shadow Ball
- Umbreon: Psychic
- Leafeon: Bullet Seed
- Glaceon: Water Pulse
- Sylveon: Psyshock
- Eevee caught or hatched during this time will know Last Resort.
- Evolving Eevee into Sylveon will require only seven hearts instead of the usual 70.
- There will be special Timed Research available that rewards a Mossy Lure Module and a Glacial Lure Module.
- There will be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, five Incense, an Elite Fast TM, and an Elite Charged TM.
Bonuses were also mentioned and will be available on Saturday, August 14, 2021, and Sunday, August 15, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time on each day.
- Eevee will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Eevee Community Day-exclusive Special Research story, What You Choose to Be.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the What You Choose to Be Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- Eggs will require one quarter their usual Hatch Distance.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
We can’t wait to get more Shiny Eevee’s as some of the Geek staff here are missing a few of the remaining Shiny Evolutions (I am personally missing Flareon and Jolteon and yes, I used the nickname trick). We just hope that the Shiny encounter odds or chances aren’t decreased since the event will be much longer than normal.