In preparation for the upcoming Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet release, GameStop is giving out free codes for a Shiny Eternatus that will be receivable in Sword and Shield. Starting this Sunday, September 18th, and running until Saturday, October 1st, gamers can swing by GameStop in the US and Canada (or EB Games in Australia and New Zealand) and pick up their Shiny Eternatus code which will come to their games via Mystery Gift.
How to Receive Shiny Eternatus
- Launch your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield
- Select Mystery Gift on the X menu.
- Select Get a Mystery Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password to save your game and connect to the internet.
- Enter your code or password.
- Watch as the gift arrives in your game. (Pokémon will appear in your party or your Pokémon Boxes. Items will appear in your Bag.)
- Be sure to save your game.
Shiny Eternatus will arrive via Mystery Gift at Lv.100 and will come with a variety of useful moves such as Dynamax Cannon, Eternabeam, Flamethrower, and Sludge Bomb. Shiny Eternatus will also come with a Timid Nature and will know the Pressure Ability.
According to the official Pokemon website, there is no purchase necessary which means that you technically do not have to pre-order to receive the Shiny Eternatus code and can simply walk in and request one.