Originally a PC-exclusive with various DLC, Curious Expedition 2 is now on Switch with all the content ready to go today. If you happen to be a console player, you will have to wait a little longer to get your hands on a copy for PlayStation and Xbox platforms but developer Thunderful assures that they will be coming later this year.
Unlike the first game, Curious Expedition 2 has abandoned the pixel art style we love for a more cartoon-like take that others may enjoy. While we prefer the original pixel look, CE2 looks delightful (sick of that word yet?) in its own right. For now, take a look at the Nintendo Switch Launch Day Trailer below.
Curious Expedition 2 is a turn-based narrative roguelike set in a reimagined version of the late 19th century that uses procedural gameplay and story elements to create completely unique and epic adventures every time you play.
- Explore mysterious worlds in a variety of biomes, each featuring a new combination of dangers and opportunities.
- Manage your resources to keep your trek alive and sanity high. Balance greed against your survival needs to find glory without perishing.
- Procedural storytelling makes every adventure unique. Your characters form relationships, change loyalty, develop illnesses, and more in response to the environment and your decisions.
- Embark on an epic campaign that combines roaming risk/reward gameplay with handcrafted stories to create a narrative experience that can be played again and again.
- The Director Mode adds modifiers and features to every expedition that will make your adventures boundless in scope and even more challenging
- Dice-based combat mechanics require a combination of luck, strategy, and guile to emerge victorious against fierce wild animals and legendary creatures.
- Participate in weekly Club Competitions by joining one of the Explorer Clubs online and take on specific challenges in a race against time for even more rewards!
A grand discovery has been made: mysterious islands have begun to appear and vanish from the oceans as if by magic. The great Explorer Clubs are funding expeditions to these strange islands to bring treasures back for the 1889 World’s Fair in Paris. Are you bold enough to join the adventure?
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) August 11, 2021