SDCC is underway and all sorts of major comic news is flying in all directions, especially that of the upcoming Disney+ exclusive animated series, Spider-Man Freshman Year. During a Marvel Studios Animation panel earlier today, a bunch of major details were shared about the upcoming MCU show featuring everyone’s favorite wallcrawler.
Here is What We Know:
- Freshman year will release exclusively on Disney+ in 2024
- The story is officially part of the MCU canon/timeline.
- The story takes place before Captain America: Civil War
- Freshman Year should address what happened to Uncle Ben and how Peter got bit by the spider that gave him his powers.
- A lot of villains will be in the show such as Doc Oc, Scorpion, and Chameleon, among others.
- Norman Osborn will officially be a part of the MCU and will act as a mentor to Peter in his early days before Tony Stark.
- Spider-Man will wear a bunch of different costumes.
- Daredevil will team up with Spider-Man
- Charlie Cox will voice Daredevil
— BD (@BrandonDavisBD) July 22, 2022
- Bentley Whitman aka The Wizard will be voiced by Paul F. Thompkins
- Doctor Strange will be in the series. No word on whether he will be voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Season 2 is already in development
- Season 2 will be called Spider-Man: Sophomore Year
- It is not currently known whether Tom Holland will come back to voice Peter Parker/Spider-Man as Tom Holland’s contractual obligations have been filled as of No Way Home.
There is still a long ways to go before we get to the first episode of Freshman Year and there are plenty of unanswered questions looming about. For now, be on the lookout for more details right here on Geek Outpost and enjoy your first look at the highly-anticipated animated series: