A ton of new content for the monster-hunting game will be available as of March 31.
[dropcap size=small]O[/dropcap]n Thursday 2k and Turtle Rock Games announced new content coming to the monster-hunting game at the end of March. This new content includes more playable characters, additional maps, the Observer mode, and more.
As of March 31, the following will be available:
- Fourth playable Monster: Behemoth. Free for everyone who pre-ordered Evolve. Otherwise, players can buy the monster for $15 through the Monster Expansion Pack.
- Four new playable Hunters: Included with the $25 Hunting Season Pass or $7.50 each.
- Torvald — A Cyborg Assault character with a mortar cannon for an arm
- Crow — A Trapper with a pet Batray for tracking Monsters
- Slim — A genetically modified combat Medic
- Sunny — A Support character equipped with a mini-nuke grenade launcher
- Two free maps: The Broken Hill Mine and Broken Hill Foundry. These will launch first on Xbox One before they arrive on PC and Playstation 4 on April 30.
- Free Observer Mode
Lets say a player doesn’t want buy Behemoth or the new Hunters, they would still be able to play against or alongside the new characters. 2K had this to say:
“This will add depth and replayability for the entire Evolve community without dividing players based on what additional content they own.“
Evolve released on February 20 and was the second highest selling game in the U.S. in February, outsold only by The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D.