After an exciting series of playoffs, it has come down to the top 16 teams from all around the globe fighting for a chance to compete in the League of Legends Season 4 Grand Finals. With the whole community sitting in agonizing anticipation, Riot Games finally reveals the Group Stages:
Kicking off at NTU Sport Center in Taiwan on September 18-19 we have:
- Edward Gaming (Seed 1 of China)
- Samsung White (Seed 2 of Korea)
- AHQ (Seed 2 of South East Asia)
- Dark Passage (International Wild Card 1 from Turkey)
Right after Group A, we have Group B also competing at the NTU Sport Center in Taiwan on September 20-21. As for those teams:
- TSM (Seed 1 of North America)
- StarHorn Royal Club (Seed 2 of China)
- TPA (Seed 1 of South East Asia)
- SK Gaming (Seed 3 of Europe)
Then we head off to Singapore Expo in Singapore for Group C and Group D matches.
Playing on September 25-26 are:
- Samsung Blue (Seed 1 of Korea)
- OMG (Seed 3 of China)
- Fnatic (Seed 2 of Europe)
- LMQ (Seed 3 of North America)
Then to wrap up Group Stage matches on September 27-28:
- Alliance (Seed 1 of Europe)
- Cloud9 (Seed 2 of North America)
- Najin White Shield (Seed 3 of Korea)
- Kabum (International Wild Card 2 from Brazil)
Once Group Stage matches are over, the teams will then enter the Rift at Busan Buxco Auditorium in Busan, South Korea to battle in the Quarterfinals on October 3-6. The teams to eliminate their opponents will advance to Semifinals held at the Olympic Gymnastics Arena in Seoul, South Korea on October 11-12.
Built for the 2002 FIFA World Cup with a capacity for over 66,000 people, Seoul’s Sangam World Cup Stadium will follow the glorious battle between the two teams to survive into the Finals on October 19. With the Summoner’s Cup and a whopping $1 million USD on the line, only one team can win it all. Who will reign victorious and earn the title of League of Legends’ Season 4 World Champions?
For more information on the 2014 World’s tournament, schedules, and tickets, visit LoLEsports’s in-depth Welcome to Worlds guide.