If you’re interested in joining the Geek Outpost team, you are in luck! We are always looking for new talent to join us- whether your skills fall within the categories of writing, reviewing, or some other niche aspect of the geek and entertainment industries and cultures. Before reaching out and or sending us your resumé, please be aware of a few things:
- Geek Outpost is a non-profit blog that is run by volunteers. All of us are passionate about geek culture, but we have careers of our own outside of GO and use this platform as something to add to our resumé for experience.
- We are open to ideas, and if you think you have an idea that would be valuable to share as a feature of Geek Outpost, don’t be afraid to share it!
- It is preferred to have extensive knowledge of video games, movies, anime/manga, or something within the culture of the entertainment industry. This is not required, especially if you have something else unique to you that you can bring to the table.
- While any position with GO is considered a volunteer role, there are opportunities for compensation. This usually comes in the form of free goodies like movie screeners, video game codes, or other review-related material that you get to keep if you review it or discuss it on an official Geek Outpost platform.
- We do tend to receive a lot of applications, and we do try to reply to them all. But if you have not heard from us within 48 hours, just email us again and we will get to you as soon as we can.
Geek Outpost is full of passionate and dedicated individuals from all over the globe. We love what we do and we would love for you to join us. Reach out and apply today!